Monday 19 September 2011

Sunny September day

A short seawatch from Cley produced: A few Manxies, 2 Bonxie, 1 A Skua and plenty of Gannets nearly all going East

Despite sunshine and west winds I decided to check the Point anyway
After about 40 minutes I got a call from John Molloy in Northumberland! To let me know that a Fea had been reported going West.. I rushed up to James McCallum who was watching a Black Tern and had a look out in case it was seen again.

The B Tern was the first I have seen this year, so was pleased with that.
As for the Fea.. I have just just read the description and I must say, compared to James's bird last week does not sound too convincing to me!

Only other migrants today:
Whimbrels, Wheatear..a Peregrine .. Not much else. But a beautiful day anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment