Friday 16 September 2011

I Have no Fea....

....on my list!
I have always wanted to find a Fea's Petrel and today I came close to seeing one in Norfolk. But not close enough.
Chose to go to Cley to seawatch at around 8am and when I got there I found out (via a text alert) that a Fea's had passed Sheringham earlier in the day.

Plenty of Cley regulars looking for it but other than a few distant Manxies, 8 Bonxies, 2 Arctic Terns and the first Brent Geese of the autumn there was very little.

The only 'new' thing for me was HEARING 3 Red T Divers calling to each other close to shore. I had never heard one before. Sounded like a strange Gull being strangled. A Walk to the Watchhouse on Blakeney Point produced just one Grey Heron a Knot and a few Whimbrel! So I turned back.

Next week I have a few days off work and will be out searching quite a bit... If only the winds would stay from the East it would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment